New Horizon of Tax Compliance in Light of FATCA, OECD and BEPS - What Does it Mean for Israelis?
Stuart Schabes presented at an event sponsored by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel on November 26th, 2015 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
His presentation covered:
- Impact on Israel Banks, Dual Citizens and Green Card Holders
- Impact on Multi-jurisdictional transactions
- Update on IRS OVDP and Foreign Streamline Program – Successful Non-Willful Statements
- Impact of New Israel Tax on Trusts
Israel, U.S. Dual Citizens Urged to Comply With Dual Reporting Requirements
Ober|Kaler Tax attorney Stuart Schabes speaks with Jenny David, of International Tax Monitor Bulletin about the offshore voluntary disclosure program.
Ober|Kaler's Israeli Tax Group
There’s been a dramatic increase in IRS audit and collection activities affecting US citizens and green card holders living in Israel. Israeli citizens living or doing business in the US are undergoing increased scrutiny of tax returns. Enforcement actions are becoming more aggressive. Sophisticated professional representation before the IRS is the key to achieving a reasonable and realistic resolution of foreign tax obligations.
Aggressive, Discreet Representation
Ober|Kaler’s Israeli Tax Group advises Israeli businesses and individuals on:
- Failure to Report Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) with the United States Treasury Department
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDI), voluntary disclosures resulting from undeclared accounts
- Issues arising from the US-ISRAEL double tax treaty
- Swiss bank accounts and other related high profile matters
- Expatriation and the exit tax
- Using domestic and foreign trusts for estate planning
Stuart Schabes, who heads up the Israeli Tax Group, is conversant in Hebrew and in Hebrew documents
Cutting Edge Programming
Our Israeli Tax Group has a growing reputation as a provider of cutting edge educational programs for Israel-based accountants, lawyers and financial advisors. We produce an annual CPE program for Israeli accountants to keep them abreast of current IRS issues, in addition to appearing on panels and presentations for the Israeli CPA association and the DC Finance High Net Wealth Individuals conference. We’ve made our library of presentations, podcasts and articles available to you on this website.
If you’d like to learn more about our Israeli Tax Group, want to schedule a meeting with one of our attorneys, or wish to invite us to speak to your professional association, please contact Stuart Schabes.
|Join US-Israel Tax Group|
What You're Saying About Our Seminar - "Hot IRS Topics 2015"
"I found Stuart’s seminar extremely worthwhile. He is always well-informed and up-to-date, and his keen understanding of the workings of the IRS are helpful."- Chanie R.
"Very informative. I have attended for the past several years and look forward to future seminars."
"I gained a lot from Stuart Schabes, as he was able to deliver the presentation in a way that people of all levels of knowledge in the field were able to understand."- Sheera B.